Tuesday 14 March 2017

Logo Design

The main brief for this semester was to come up with an ident or logo/branding for ourselves. I decided to keep going with this blog rather than start a new one because let's face it, I am the lost legionnaire and these projects are my demons.

Here's what I have been working on for it and what I settled on. I worked at first with markers on paper creating variations of a couple of ideas I had.


Following feedback I pursued the more triangular design ideas further, the typed ones seemed a bit obvious.



I liked the addition of the curves to the G and W so I did a little more tweaking in Photoshop. I also dropped the left side of the W and experimented with the style of the logo and font.

I like both of these but I think the blocky one looks sharper. I'm going to take that one into Illustrator and turn it into the final logo next.

The plan is to use this on business cards and a portfolio website and possibly drop the comics artist text in future and use the ident as a signature stamp.


No comments:

Post a Comment